Galaxy II Steinway [Digital Download]
Galaxy II reveals the sound ofÃƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â a Steinway D concert grand, which is probably the most popular concert grand of all. It was recorded in the Galaxy Studios, Belgium, one of the most sophisticated studios in Europe with a huge recording hall. The instrument was hand-chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baelen out of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg, delivering an amazing sound with an exceptional dynamic range.
Galaxy Steinway was recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
Heinrich Engelhard Steinweg, piano maker of the Steinweg brand, emigrated from Germany to America in 1850. In 1853, Steinweg founded Steinway & Sons, by the year 2000, Steinway had made its 550,000th piano. The Steinway Model D 270 is probably the most popular concert grand of all. For Galaxy II, a Model D was recorded in Galaxy Studios, Belgium; one of the most sophisticated high-end studios in Europe, which also boasts a huge recording hall. The instrument was chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baaren out of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg. It was recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
- Galaxy Steinway 5.1 (Steinway D in 5.1 surround and stereo)
- More than 2,000 samples in 24 bit
- 10 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range
- Additional resonance, release and noise samples
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real overtones powered by the Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True repedaling and sostenuto
- Noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics.
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.